Humira should be kept cool when travelling with Humira. Humira is an injectable biologic medicine that is used to treat auto-immune diseases such as arthritis, Crohn’s disease, psoriasis, and ulcerative colitis.
Humira is a great drug for all types of arthritis and psoriasis. This is the best treatment for these diseases because it works very well with very few side effects.
Humira is best stored in the refrigerator at 2°C-8°C/36°F-46°F. But care should be taken so that it does not freeze in the refrigerator. It should be kept away from light at all times.
If you keep it in a pen or syringe for travel purposes, it stays good at room temperature (below 25°C) for up to 14 days. Humira should never be exposed to direct sunlight.
If you don’t use the pen or syringe within 14 days, it can no longer be used. Your specialist doctor will advise you in this regard.
Today we will know through this post how to take Humira with you while traveling. You should carry a letter from your doctor indicating what type of medication it is and why you are carrying it.
You can take Humira with you for domestic or international travel, but it is best to take your doctor’s prescription with you before you travel. You can also take it with you for air travel, but you need to contact the airline authorities to inform them before the air travel.
Table of Contents
Travelling With Humira: Best 10 Tips
Your condition and treatment should be considered when travelling with Humira. You need to plan before your trip. It would help if you traveled according to Humira’s instructions during travel. It is very important to follow these instructions during travel.
Plan your trip in advance. Prepare your cooler bag before you travel. Select the appropriate cooler bag.
If you are traveling by air, it is recommended that you contact the airline before traveling, as Humira has been allowed on a number of airlines, but not all of them.
You should be aware if there is any limitation on the quantity of Humira needed to be kept during travel.
Best 10 Tips Travelling With Humira
Review these simple tips below to keep Humira safe when you travel with Humira.
1. Follow the instructions for storing Humira, which you will receive with Humira. Carry specialist doctor’s prescription in case of Humira during travel.
2. Always keep it in a cooler bag that can be kept cool at any temperature and complies with Humira instructions.
3. Keep your medication at normal room temperature (below 25°C), but do not freeze the Humira. But keep it in the cooler bag for travel purposes. If you are traveling by air, you need to contact the airline authorities before traveling to inform you about their regulations on how much Humira can be brought on board.
4. Tell your travel agent about Humira when you talk to them about travel. Tell them about a washroom or a separate room so you can stay comfortable and keep Humira cool. You can request a room with a refrigerator to keep the Humira cool.
5. Always carry a letter from your medical doctor about the type of medication and the reason for carrying it.
6. Carry your prescription if traveling by air or over land to another country. You need to contact the airline authorities before traveling so that they can inform you about their regulations on how much Humira can be brought on board.
7. Humira pens or pre-filled syringes are best avoided if you are traveling short distances. Use cold gel packs to keep Humira at the right temperature.
Humira can be stored at room temperature (25°C) for a maximum of 14 days. However, if you do not use it within 14 days, it cannot be used again and must be canceled.
8. Inform the authorities if Humira is with you during air travel or international travel. Medicine transport may vary based on country or region.
9. If you keep Humira in the fridge or mini-bar in your accommodation while traveling, make sure it is kept between 2°C and 8°C. If necessary, confirm this with the hotel staff.
10. When storing Humira in the refrigerator, be careful not to let it freeze. It is best to avoid direct contact with ice.
It is best to consult your specialist doctor while travelling with Humira. He will give you good advice on How to store HUMIRA and keep cool while traveling, and you can check this link if you want. Also, your Abbviecare contact is 1-866-8HUMIRA (1-866-848-6472), 9 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
How Long Can You Keep HUMIRA In The Fridge?
Humira should be kept in the refrigerator between 2°C and 8°C. It is recommended to keep Humira in the refrigerator at all times until it is injected.
Many people ask, How long will HUMIRA last in the refrigerator? Actually, there is no specific time limit on how long to refrigerate it. It is best to refrigerate until use.
Always keep it in a cooler bag that can be kept cool at any temperature and is compliant with Humira instructions. If you are traveling by air, you need to contact the airline authorities before travelling so that they can inform you about their regulations on how much Humira can be brought on board.
I hope that you have understood how to travelling with Humira. I hope that this article will be helpful to you. So if you want to ask some questions, please feel free to ask us. Comment below to share your views with us.
Thanks for reading this post!
How Long Can HUMIRA Be Left Out Of The Refrigerator?
The recommended storage time is 14 days. It would help if you did not freeze HUMIRA or expose it to extreme cold temperatures such as freezing temperatures and extreme heat. But during this time, you must keep it at room temperature (25°C) and away from light.
Can I Put HUMIRA Back In The Fridge?
No. If you keep it at room temperature for more than 14 days, there is no need to refrigerate it because it must then be declared null and void.
How Can I Travel With HUMIRA?
Yes, you can take Humira with you when you travel. But you have to comply with the conditions mentioned above. Then you can travel safely.
Does Humira Need To Stay Cold?
The manufacturer recommends keeping Humira in the refrigerator between 2°C – 8°C. But if you are traveling and your travel is less than 14 days, then you can keep it in the room at a temperature (below25°C).